Old 09-27-2012, 02:14 PM
"Gerald I. Evenden"

Default 32bit ISO image won't fit on 700 CD

I downloaded kubuntu-12.04.1-desktop-i386.iso but could not burn a 700
CD because the image exceeded the size limit of the CD by just a few bytes.

General complaint: do not push the size envelope.

Question, any CD manufacturer/brand that may push its size envelope
sufficiently to hold the iso distribution?

Thanks.

--
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true,
by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." Seneca

Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Basil Chupin

I downloaded kubuntu-12.04.1-desktop-i386.iso but could not burn a 700
CD because the image exceeded the size limit of the CD by just a few
bytes.

General complaint: do not push the size envelope.

Question, any CD manufacturer/brand that may push its size envelope
sufficiently to hold the iso distribution?

Thanks.

Burn it to a single-layer DVD. Simple.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.9.1 & kernel 3.6.0 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor

Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Sarunas Burdulis

Old 09-27-2012, 03:15 PM