Old 09-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Lindsay Mathieson

Default Can't stop Dolphin from opening!

On 27 September 2012 12:49, George Dvorak <gldvorak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lindsay is that your cat?

Yes, that's Robbie. Sadly I had to put him to sleep recently - 17
years old, renal failure etc. But he had a good life.

> I have one resting his head on my mouse hand, so I
> am hunting and pecking with my left hand!

Heh! I admire your feline devotion.

--
Lindsay

Old 09-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Guus Bonnema

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:57:06 -0700
George Dvorak <gldvorak@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. When an app is running wild one cannot access anything. How would I
> be able to access System Settings? I did try!
>
> 2. This has happened twice over several weeks time. So settings are
> hardly the cause, unless it is a combination of a setting and some
> action that I took.
>
> Be careful of your answers! If I were a complete novice, as are many
> who ask for help, an answer like this would really frustrate.
>
> From the lack of response I will take it that mine was a very uncommon
> occurrence.

Hi George,

You sound pretty desparate. Your problem, I never heard of it happening.
As other people do not have this problem, I wonder what makes your
distribution stand out? Why does it only happen to you? Ask your self what the
last change on the system was before this started happening.

Could it be that a fresh install (not an update or upgrade) would solve your
issues?

Easy to say, I know ......

Guus Bonnema.