Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 AM
L V Gandhi

Default Login screen themes

I have installed logi screen themes. It shows in install themes
windows as installed. But in the list it does not appear. What is
going wrong?

--
L V Gandhi

Old 09-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Ryan Gauger

> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:47:21 +0530
> Subject: Login screen themes
> From: lvglist@gmail.com
> To: kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> I have installed logi screen themes. It shows in install themes
> windows as installed. But in the list it does not appear. What is
> going wrong?
>
> --
> L V Gandhi

Was this in the preview? It may be that it is not showing up in the preview just because it is a preview of what the theme will look like, not the actual thing. And is this the login screen, or the boot screen with GRUB?
---Ryan

Old 09-21-2012, 12:32 AM
L V Gandhi

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:47:21 +0530
>> Subject: Login screen themes
>> From: lvglist@gmail.com
>> To: kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>

>> I have installed logi screen themes. It shows in install themes
>> windows as installed. But in the list it does not appear. What is
>> going wrong?
>>
>> --
>> L V Gandhi
>>
>> --
> Was this in the preview? It may be that it is not showing up in the preview
> just because it is a preview of what the theme will look like, not the
> actual thing. And is this the login screen, or the boot screen with GRUB?
>
> ---Ryan

Itr is not preview. I am talking about login screen of users not boot screen.

In system settings|login screen,there is a tab for theme. Whenyou
click getthemes, the dialog shows as installed. but the theme list
does not show it. we have to download and install it. I feel install
button in get theme windows is not working to install themes. It only
can be used toget themes from those sites.
--
L V Gandhi

Old 09-21-2012, 02:39 AM
Clay Weber

On Friday, September 21, 2012 06:02:08 AM L V Gandhi wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:47:21 +0530
> >> Subject: Login screen themes
> >> From: lvglist@gmail.com
> >> To: kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> >>

> >> I have installed logi screen themes. It shows in install themes
> >> windows as installed. But in the list it does not appear. What is
> >> going wrong?
> >>
> >> --
> >> L V Gandhi
> >>
> >> --
> >
> > Was this in the preview? It may be that it is not showing up in the
> > preview
> > just because it is a preview of what the theme will look like, not the
> > actual thing. And is this the login screen, or the boot screen with GRUB?
> >
> > ---Ryan
>
> Itr is not preview. I am talking about login screen of users not boot
> screen.
>
> In system settings|login screen,there is a tab for theme. Whenyou
> click getthemes, the dialog shows as installed. but the theme list
> does not show it. we have to download and install it. I feel install
> button in get theme windows is not working to install themes. It only
> can be used toget themes from those sites.

From my experiences, some of the themes are not properly packaged by their
creators when they post them on kde-look.org -which is where the installer
tool gets them from. Although if the theme is not packaged at all, I believe
the tool is supposed to say something to that effect and allow you to download
the files.

Do all themes do this?
--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Old 09-21-2012, 03:00 AM
L V Gandhi

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Clay Weber <clay@claydoh.com> wrote:

>> > Was this in the preview? It may be that it is not showing up in the
>> > preview
>> > just because it is a preview of what the theme will look like, not the
>> > actual thing. And is this the login screen, or the boot screen with GRUB?
>> >
>> > ---Ryan
>>
>> Itr is not preview. I am talking about login screen of users not boot
>> screen.
>>
>> In system settings|login screen,there is a tab for theme. Whenyou
>> click getthemes, the dialog shows as installed. but the theme list
>> does not show it. we have to download and install it. I feel install
>> button in get theme windows is not working to install themes. It only
>> can be used toget themes from those sites.
>
> From my experiences, some of the themes are not properly packaged by their
> creators when they post them on kde-look.org -which is where the installer
> tool gets them from. Although if the theme is not packaged at all, I believe
> the tool is supposed to say something to that effect and allow you to download
> the files.
>
> Do all themes do this?
> --
> Clay Weber
> http://kubuntuforums.net
> http://claydoh.com
Whatever theme I tried to install, it shows as installed, but do not
show up in the list so that we can select it. After I downloaded the
file, I could install it by using ths install menu in the theme tab. I
think install option in getthemes windows is not working as it should.

--
L V Gandhi

Old 09-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Gil Gibbons

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:47:21 +0530
Subject: Login screen themes
From: lvglist@gmail.com
To: kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

[...]

There is a bug in installing Theme. Go to terminal and run kdesudo
kcmshell4 kdm.

This will allow you to install Themes

Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
L V Gandhi

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Gil Gibbons <gilgib1@verizon.net> wrote:

>>> Was this in the preview? It may be that it is not showing up in the
>>> preview
>>> just because it is a preview of what the theme will look like, not the
>>> actual thing. And is this the login screen, or the boot screen with GRUB?
>>>
>>> ---Ryan
>>>
>> Itr is not preview. I am talking about login screen of users not boot
>> screen.
>>
>> In system settings|login screen,there is a tab for theme. Whenyou
>> click getthemes, the dialog shows as installed. but the theme list
>> does not show it. we have to download and install it. I feel install
>> button in get theme windows is not working to install themes. It only
>> can be used toget themes from those sites.
>>

> There is a bug in installing Theme. Go to terminal and run kdesudo
> kcmshell4 kdm.
> This will allow you to install Themes

Thank you for response. That is what I have meant in my previous post.

--
L V Gandhi