Old 04-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Rosalind Mitchell

Default Latest upgrade to Hardy Beta removes konqueror

So konqueror is gone and hasn't been replaced - is there a reason for this
because it looks decidedly odd to me.

I have Firefox 3 beta here but I don't like that because it doesn't support
AdBlocker!

Rosie
--
Currently Reading: ROBINSON, PETER: A Dedicated Man
Bye bye Livejournal - keep up with my wibblings at Enitharmon's Cave:

Old 04-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Donn

On Wednesday, 16 April 2008 09:16:56 Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> So konqueror is gone and hasn't been replaced - is there a reason for this
> because it looks decidedly odd to me.
What! That's so horrible it makes me shudder.... I hope it's a temporary
glitch!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 AM
"Willy Hamra"

what? do you mean i have to use dolphin? no way, i need my konqi!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Cary Bielenberg

There are missing deps that removed Konq! Hopefully after these are met
we can reinstall it back again & not have to use the "aquatic" creature lol

Cary

Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Rosalind Mitchell

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 09:18:23 Cary Bielenberg wrote:
> There are missing deps that removed Konq! Hopefully after these are met
> we can reinstall it back again & not have to use the "aquatic" creature lol

I know I'm a past-it female limey arts graduate and all that, but wouldn't it
have made more sense to leave konqueror alone until the dependencies were
ready?

Rosie

Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Cary Bielenberg

Unfortunately when you put a bunch of apps up for upgrade & 1 fails it
takes out others, It's indicative of "just in time" builds & being a
beta/alpha tester!

Cary