Old 09-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Andreas Pieniak

Default network-manager-kde cant connect to hidden wireless networks

Hello everybody out there,

iam new in using Kubuntu (and linux at all) and there is on thing i cant solve. It seems my network-manager-kde cant connecting to hidden wireless networks. Im adding a new wireless connection with SSID, WPA/WPA2-Personal and password, but there is no connection. Im wondering because:

1) The network-manager-kde shown other wireless networks from my neighbourhood.

2) If i install the network-manager-gnome package and configure the wireless network over the nm-applet it works fine.

Is there anything i can do to get a connection without the nm-applet from network-manager-gnome package?

Best Regards

Andreas