-   -   network-manager-kde cant connect to hidden wireless networks (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/702018-network-manager-kde-cant-connect-hidden-wireless-networks.html)

Andreas Pieniak 09-09-2012 05:15 PM

network-manager-kde cant connect to hidden wireless networks

Hello everybody out there,

iam new in using Kubuntu (and linux at all) and there is on thing i cant solve. It seems my network-manager-kde cant connecting to hidden wireless networks. Im adding a new wireless connection with SSID, WPA/WPA2-Personal and password, but there is no connection. Im wondering because:

1) The network-manager-kde shown other wireless networks from my neighbourhood.

2) If i install the network-manager-gnome package and configure the wireless network over the nm-applet it works fine.

Is there anything i can do to get a connection without the nm-applet from network-manager-gnome package?

Best Regards

Andreas