Old 09-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Sudheer Bedekar

Default Cheese not working

I am using Samsung N508 laptop, Kubuntu 11.10. Webcam in the laptop
is WEBCAM SCB-0355N.I want to use it to take photographs, video etc. I
installed Cheese and all related packages. I also installed vlc and
mplayer ( because I heard that it will solve my problem). My problem
is that Cheese does not work. It only shows a blackm screen, all
buttons are greyed out. How can I make Cheese work ? I am relatively
new to Kubuntu. Can someone help me ?

--
Sudheer Bedekar

Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Clay Weber

On Sunday, September 09, 2012 09:30:38 AM Sudheer Bedekar wrote:
> I am using Samsung N508 laptop, Kubuntu 11.10. Webcam in the laptop
> is WEBCAM SCB-0355N.I want to use it to take photographs, video etc. I
> installed Cheese and all related packages. I also installed vlc and
> mplayer ( because I heard that it will solve my problem). My problem
> is that Cheese does not work. It only shows a blackm screen, all
> buttons are greyed out. How can I make Cheese work ? I am relatively
> new to Kubuntu. Can someone help me ?

Have you tried Kamoso? I have found that older versions of cheese didn't
always work.

Also, posting the output of the command lsusb might give us some hardware
info to search for to see if your cam is supported or not.

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net