-   -   Added security item for kmail users (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/701883-added-security-item-kmail-users.html)

Gene Heskett 09-09-2012 02:25 AM

Added security item for kmail users

Greetings;

Since the knowledge of the users os and email agent can and does aid the
hackers in crafting an attack on a given machine, I checked, and my emails
sent do contain the kmail version as a header line. That isn't an obvious
way to configure it except as an override the default, somewhat of a back
door.

So, under kmail>config>composer/header, click on new, click on the line to
get focus and type 'User-Agent' without the quotes, and click apply, then
close. That header line, because it has no content then apparently
overrides the default, causing that line to be removed as you can verify by
hitting 'v' while reading this message in your copy of kmail.

Tisn't much of course, but every little bit helps IMO.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
In a whiskey it's age, in a cigarette it's taste and in a sports car
it's impossible.