-   -   Large files via email (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/699498-large-files-via-email.html)

Georgi Kourtev 08-31-2012 04:10 PM

Large files via email

Friends,

See this interesting solution. Is there a similar option for KDE and Kmail?

http://www.muktware.com/4251/easily-send-large-files-attachments-thunderbird-filelink-and-ubuntu-one?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+muktware%2Ffeeds+%28Muktware+Feeds %29

Tom Bell 08-31-2012 11:23 PM

Large files via email

You might look into http://sourceforge.net/projects/kdropbox/ as
something similar, for Kubuntu. The name has been changed to
kfilebox and it is all you need to install DropBox onto
your system using Dolphin.

I am not sure if it what you are interested in.
Good luck!

Tom

--

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”

--Albert Einstein (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)

Paul Kaplan 09-02-2012 12:38 AM

Large files via email

I use Tonido as a personal cloud solution. *It lets you share individual files or directories with specified individuals. *It is available as software only solution for an existing box or as a dedicated hardware+software solution.Paul

Neil Winchurst 09-02-2012 07:27 AM

Large files via email

On 02/09/12 01:38, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> I use Tonido as a personal cloud solution. It lets you share individual
> files or directories with specified individuals. It is available as
> software only solution for an existing box or as a dedicated
> hardware+software solution.
> Paul

But please note, Tonido is not yet available for 64 bit installations. I
used to use it but not any more, for that very reason.

Neil