Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 PM
"Francisco Borges"

Default brightness control now only has three levels

Hello,

I am running Hardy (a decision I deeply regret FWIW) on a Dell
Inspiron 6400, and now the brightness control (which use to recognize
8 levels) jumps from 100% -> 42% -> 0%.

If I increase it from zero it goes 0% -> 57% -> 100%.

Is anybody else experiencing the same?

Kind regards,
--
Francisco

Old 04-14-2008, 08:52 PM
"Chen Liang"

Same problem here. And I can't find the brightness control in the "Power Management".

Regards
CL

I am running Hardy (a decision I deeply regret FWIW) on a Dell
Inspiron 6400, and now the brightness control (which use to recognize
8 levels) jumps from 100% -> 42% -> 0%.

If I increase it from zero it goes 0% -> 57% -> 100%.

Is anybody else experiencing the same?

Kind regards,
--
Francisco

Name: Chen Liang

Course: DT228/4
Collage Address: Kevin street
E-mail (collage): chen.liang@student.dit.ie

Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 PM
"Francisco Borges"

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Chen Liang <chen.liang@student.dit.ie> wrote:
> Same problem here. And I can't find the brightness control in the "Power
> Management".

Hello Chen,

I opened a bug for it
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/218889

If you are still experiencing it, it would be nice if you added a
comment to the bug, as that should increase the chances that it will
actually be looked upon.

Cheers,
--
Francisco