Old 08-18-2012, 03:04 AM
Jason Paul Joines

Default kate show whitespace

I'm using Kubuntu 12.04.1. Is it possible to configure Kate to show
whitespace? For example, if I need to be able to see that a tab is lead
and trailed by spaces then I need to be able to see them both. I know
how to configure Kate to show tab marks and to show trailing spaces but
not to show spaces that aren't trailing.

Jason

Old 08-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Perry

Le vendredi, 17 août 2012 20.04:40 Jason Paul Joines a écrit :
> I'm using Kubuntu 12.04.1. Is it possible to configure Kate to show
> whitespace? For example, if I need to be able to see that a tab is lead
> and trailed by spaces then I need to be able to see them both. I know
> how to configure Kate to show tab marks and to show trailing spaces but
> not to show spaces that aren't trailing.

No idea, but a workaround
it's very easy to replace spaces by another unused character and revert after,
or just replacing spaces by spaces will temporary highlight all those
"changes".

Perry

--
BOFH excuse #95: Pentium FDIV bug

Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Jason Paul Joines

> Le vendredi, 17 août 2012 20.04:40 Jason Paul Joines a écrit :
>> I'm using Kubuntu 12.04.1. Is it possible to configure Kate to show
>> whitespace? For example, if I need to be able to see that a tab is lead
>> and trailed by spaces then I need to be able to see them both. I know
>> how to configure Kate to show tab marks and to show trailing spaces but
>> not to show spaces that aren't trailing.
> No idea, but a workaround
> it's very easy to replace spaces by another unused character and revert after,
> or just replacing spaces by spaces will temporary highlight all those
> "changes".
>

> Perry

I'm trying to help someone migrate from winblows to Kubuntu. They are
used to the features of the text editor Notepad++ which include showing
symbols for whitespace and showing at the end of each line if the
newline is CR or LF or CRLF. I've found a few posts on the web that
says Kate can do this but none that say how to and I haven't been able
to figure it out.

Jason

Old 08-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Tom Bell

[...]

===========

Try -> Settings -> Configure Kate -> Editor
Component -> Appearance -> Highlight Trailing
Spaces

Tom

--

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”

--Albert Einstein (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)

Old 08-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Jason Paul Joines

> On 8/18/2012 7:18 PM, Jason Paul Joines wrote:

As I mentioned in the original posts, I know how to show trailing
spaces, just not leading spaces, intermediate spaces, double spaces,
etc. Any idea how to show all spaces?

Jason