Old 08-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Dennis Linux

Default Kubuntu 12.04 freeses sometimes

Hello,

My sister has got a HP6515b laptop and i installed Ubuntu 12.04 on it.
Now i hear from my sister that the system hangs, the mouse and keyboard don't react anymore.
I saw it myself last week, it's something whit the system or the software?
Is this a know problem?

Dennis

Old 08-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Steve Riley

On 2012-08-14 16:50:32 Dennis Linux wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My sister has got a HP6515b laptop and i installed Ubuntu 12.04 on it.
> Now i hear from my sister that the system hangs, the mouse and keyboard
> don't react anymore. I saw it myself last week, it's something whit the
> system or the software? Is this a know problem?

Hm... her computer might be one of the many kinds affected by
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/993187
or https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/999910.

There seems yet to be no single, definitive fix that works for everyone. Those
bug reports are tedious and filled with a lot of useless junk, but you might be
able to suss out something that works for her. Alas, none of them work for one
of my computers -- a ThinkPad T520. OTOH, my ThinkPad X1 has absolutely no
problem at all. Weird.

...Steve