Old 08-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Perry

Default Open office language problem

Hi all,

Not sure it is is a (K)Ubuntu problem.

I occasionally translate texts (for free and for some "noble" cause) from
French into English. I have my KUbuntu Precise set in in Swiss French and
French (France). I use, Open office (Libre office 3.5.4.2 ).
Now I need to translate from French into English and I would appreciate that I
could tell the word speller to consider some selection as "English", but that
option does not appear in my "Tool/Language/... requester (only French and
Swiss French), no matter what language pack I tied to install (even tried
German,but it does not appear in the requester.)

If nobody here is ale to provide any help I will have to go without OpenOffice
spell-checher, or ask for help directky to OpenOffice.

As a side note I used Kontact (KIMail.33.8.4) to spellchech this message and
English was avaiable (but not German, does it need a cold reboot?)

Any help fro this site ? Thanks inadvance

P. White

--
BOFH excuse #297: Too many interrupts