Old 08-12-2012, 12:06 PM
"Andrew d~_*b"

Default Will KDE SC 4.9 be available to Kubuntu 12.04 through the Main Repository?

Hi guys,

If you read the release announcement for KDE SC 4.8.5
(http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-plasma-workspaces-applications-and-platform-485)
it clearly mentions - 'You can get it from the Kubuntu Updates PPA
until the packages are available in the official repositories.'

However the announcement for KDE SC 4.9
(http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-sc-4.9) only mentions that it will be
available for 12.04 via the Backports PPA and also in the Dev Release
and nothing about the Official Repo

So I wanted to confirm - Will the KDE SC 4.9 be present in the Main
Repo of Kubuntu 12.04, since its a 5 Year LTS release?

-- & Ru Chelladurai

Old 08-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Cody Smith

More than likely you have that correct, there likely won't be a 4.9
release for 12.04, but I'll let someone else confirm that.

--c_smith