Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Michael Hirsch

Default running a shell script from a launcher without opening a shell window

I use squirrel to look at databases.* It's a java app that provides a gui for examining many different DB flavors.* It's pretty good.

I created an icon for it in my KDE panel so that I can run it with one click.* My problem is that is always opens a shell window which is useless to me.

Squirrel usually launches from the shell script squirrel.sh.* Squirrel.sh makes certain that the environment is sane, then runs java with appropriate args.* When I create an icon to run squirrel.sh, it opens a konsole window running squirrel.sh.

Is there a way to create an icon for a .sh file that doesn't open a konsole window?

I'm running 12.04, though this happened with 11.04 and 11.10, as well.

Thanks,

Michael