Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Dennis Linux

Default Backlight problem Intel Core i3 laptop

Dear Ubuntu users,

My college want's to install Ubuntu 12.04 on a Intel Core i3 HP laptop.
After the boot the backlight stays out, he had to use a flashlight to see the screen.
Any ideas?

Dennis

Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 AM
"O. Sinclair"

My college want's to install Ubuntu 12.04 on a Intel Core i3 HP laptop.
After the boot the backlight stays out, he had to use a flashlight to
see the screen.
Any ideas?

Dennis

try the "brightness" part on this posting:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/498550-envy-14-linux-27.html#post8013756

I had the same problem, normally hitting Fn+F2 a number of times would
fix it - for one boot that is