Old 04-12-2008, 06:26 AM
Nigel Ridley

Default Inspirion 1525 intel video driver problems

I have a Dell Inspirion 1525n running Hardy beta up-to-date.
Perchance I was poking around in 'System Settings' and noticed that I am using the 'Vesa
Generic' video driver instead of the 'intel' one.
So as Administrator I chose the intel driver. It said it was not safe to test the driver
but I went ahead anyway :-(
I had to 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg' to get X back again.

I filed a bug report - Bug 215282

Is there anybody else on the list that has a similar laptop running Hardy, that can
confirm which driver they are using and if it's a bug?

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries