Old 04-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Paul Lemmons

Default Hardy 64

Ok, Got a new box. I decided to put kubuntu on it and decided that since
the first release candidate is only a week away I would put the latest
beta on it. The new box has 2 quad core 64 bit Xeon processors and 4GB
ram so I decided to put the 64 bit version on. I am beginning to think
that was a mistake.

Before I cut my losses and revert back to 32 bit, can any of you tell me
if you have gotten the firefox java plugin to work?
How about the citrix client with or without the firefox plugin?

I am getting mixed messages from Google. I usually get straight answers
here

Old 04-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Knapp

> Before I cut my losses and revert back to 32 bit, can any of you tell me
> if you have gotten the firefox java plugin to work?
> How about the citrix client with or without the firefox plugin?

Java works fine for me, AMD X2 64 with 2 GB RAM Kubuntu 7:10 64 bit.
If I am remembering right, if you do go to 32 bit you loose some of
that ram you have.
I have no idea about citrix. What is that?

--
Douglas E Knapp

Old 04-13-2008, 05:50 PM
"Andrew Jarrett"

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Paul Lemmons <paul@lemmons.name> wrote:
> Before I cut my losses and revert back to 32 bit, can any of you tell me
> if you have gotten the firefox java plugin to work?

Yes. You will have to install the 32-bit version of firefox though.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202537&highlight=java

> How about the citrix client with or without the firefox plugin?

> I am getting mixed messages from Google. I usually get straight answers
> here

Here's a tip: try including the word "ubuntu" in your search; it will
usually turn up something good on Ubuntu Forums.

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2

Old 04-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Paul Lemmons

> Ok, Got a new box. I decided to put kubuntu on it and decided that since
> the first release candidate is only a week away I would put the latest
> beta on it. The new box has 2 quad core 64 bit Xeon processors and 4GB
> ram so I decided to put the 64 bit version on. I am beginning to think
> that was a mistake.
>
> Before I cut my losses and revert back to 32 bit, can any of you tell me
> if you have gotten the firefox java plugin to work?
> How about the citrix client with or without the firefox plugin?
>
> I am getting mixed messages from Google. I usually get straight answers
> here

I decided to cut my losses and stay with 32bit. If I need more that
3.3GB RAM I will install the server kernel. Too much did not work and
this the the machine I use 8-10 hours a day.

I appreciate the responses!

--
Sometimes I wonder. Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.