Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Fred Schuelzky

Default 7.10 won't recognize my usb turntable

Hello
Does any one know how to get 7.10 kubuntu to recognize a usb
turntable? The unit and cords etc. work fine in windows?

tia
Fred

Old 04-11-2008, 11:48 PM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Friday 11 April 2008, Fred Schuelzky wrote:

> Does any one know how to get 7.10 kubuntu to recognize a usb
> turntable? The unit and cords etc. work fine in windows?

Working fine in Windows means the hardware is OK, but otherwise doesn't imply
anything. "A usb turntable" isn't specific enough to be of further help.
What make and model of turntable? We need to look and see if any information
is available about whether or not it is supported.

Also, it could be that it really *is* supported, and you don't recognize
what's happening under the hood, or how to interact with it. I would expect
that if it works, it probably runs off the snd-usb-audio driver, and you
probably have to interface with it as a soundcard, probably as hw:1 or
something.

If you run kinfocenter (or System -> KInfocenter Information Center) you can
look at the Sound info to see if it shows up.
--
D. Michael McIntyre