Old 04-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Nigel Ridley

Default Spell check in KDE not in PATH

Hardy up-to-date

I was doing some text editing in Kate and when I went to 'spell check' it I got an error
message:
The spelling program could not be started. Please make sure you have set the correct
spelling program and that it is properly configured and in your PATH.

I get a similar message when trying to spell check in KWrite.
According to KControl Center (or System Settings) spell checking is configured using 'aspell'.
OpenOffice and Thunderbird have no problems spell checking and the output of 'echo $PATH':
/home/nigel/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

How can I get Kate to spell check?

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries
http://www.oliveroot.net/

PrayingForIsrael.net
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

Old 04-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Nigel Ridley

Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Hardy up-to-date
>
> I was doing some text editing in Kate and when I went to 'spell check' it I got an error
> message:
> The spelling program could not be started. Please make sure you have set the correct
> spelling program and that it is properly configured and in your PATH.
>
> I get a similar message when trying to spell check in KWrite.
> According to KControl Center (or System Settings) spell checking is configured using 'aspell'.
> OpenOffice and Thunderbird have no problems spell checking and the output of 'echo $PATH':
> /home/nigel/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
>
> How can I get Kate to spell check?
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

I fixed it by re-installing 'aspell'.

Blessings,

Nigel

Old 04-12-2008, 04:26 AM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Saturday 12 April 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> I fixed it by re-installing 'aspell'.

Hey Nigel, I think you can probably fix that by reinstalling "aspell."

Give it a try and get back to me. If it works, I want a t-shirt.
--
D. Michael McIntyre