Old 04-11-2008, 06:48 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

Default amarok fails to transcode ogg to mp3 when transferring files to usb player

2008/4/11 Donatas G. <dgvirtual@akl.lt>:
> Amarok fails to transcode files from ogg to mp3 when I tell it to transfer
> those to my mass storage type mp3 player.
>
> the setitngs seem to be ok, I specified that all non-mp3 files should be
> transcoded in media player configuration dialog.
>
> how do I know what dependencies I could be missing? Or what is wrong ?
>
> it is amarok 1.4.8 on kde 3.5.9 Kubuntu 7.10
> --
> Donatas Glodenis
> http://dg.lapas.info

Have you installed the kubuntu-restricted-extras package? I think it's
needed for mp3 support
and could be that you need lame or some other xine libraries to. I
don't have access
to my kubuntu at the moment so i can't verify.

/ Jonas