-   -   Akonadi - Is it really necessary? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/682605-akonadi-really-necessary.html)

"Richard S. Crawford" 07-11-2012 07:15 PM

Akonadi - Is it really necessary?

I turned on my computer this morning (I'd added a new keyboard), and noticed that it was running at a glacial pace. I opened a terminal window and executed "top" just to see what was going on, and found four processes related to Akonadi running, and each taking up at least 33% of CPU power.

I've always wondered what Akonadi actually is and whether I actually need it on my system. If not, how do I get rid of it, assuming it continues to slow down my computer so much?

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (richard@underpope.com)*http://www.underpope.comTwitter: http://twitter.com/underpope

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/underpope