-   -   GTK Apps Don't Work Well Under KDE (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/681938-gtk-apps-dont-work-well-under-kde.html)

Linux User 07-10-2012 10:49 AM

GTK Apps Don't Work Well Under KDE

I am facing problems with GTK apps such as Gedit, Firefox or Chrome.
When I try to copy content, the selected content becomes transparent. I
am running Kubuntu 12.04.

Suggestions.

LB

George Dvorak 07-11-2012 07:44 PM

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:49 AM, Linux User <bootinglinux@gmail.com> wrote:

I am facing problems with GTK apps such as Gedit, Firefox or Chrome. When I try to copy content, the selected content becomes transparent. I am running Kubuntu 12.04.

Suggestions.

LB

I would go to System Settings; Application Settings; Colors

Each of the choices results in different application appearances. I suspect that a set of colors appears produces results that depend on your systems hardware. Why else would some of these be set to produce foreground and background combinations that are unreadable.

Let me know if this helps.

Linux User 07-11-2012 08:51 PM

GTK Apps Don't Work Well Under KDE

On 07/11/2012 09:44 PM, George Dvorak
I am facing problems with GTK apps such as Gedit, Firefox or
Chrome. When I try to copy content, the selected content
becomes transparent. I am running Kubuntu 12.04.

Suggestions.

LB

I would go to System Settings; Application Settings; Colors

Each of the choices results in different application appearances.
I suspect that a set of colors appears produces results that
depend on your systems hardware. Why else would some of these be
set to produce foreground and background combinations that are
unreadable.

Thanks. Checked. The color for 'selected' text is set to 'white' and
the 'background' for selected text is set to grey. Somehow GTK apps
are not taking 'background' color.

Also in Nautilus, when I select any item it is not highlighted, same
problem there as well. Interesting no such problem if I use KDE
under Fedora.

~ BL

Clay Weber 07-11-2012 11:46 PM

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:49:20 PM Linux User wrote:
> I am facing problems with GTK apps such as Gedit, Firefox or Chrome.
> When I try to copy content, the selected content becomes transparent. I
> am running Kubuntu 12.04.
>
> Suggestions.
>
> LB

What color scheme are you using? Can we assume you have Ubuntu installed
alongside Kubunu? I cannot reproduce this, looking to match your color
selections. If you are running Ubuntu as well, you may want to check out the
color settings there as well and see if adjusting there helps any.

clay

Linux User 07-12-2012 08:47 PM

GTK Apps Don't Work Well Under KDE

I am facing problems with GTK apps such as Gedit, Firefox or Chrome.
When I try to copy content, the selected content becomes transparent. I
am running Kubuntu 12.04.

Suggestions.

LB

What color scheme are you using?

Default color scheme, but I tried Oxygen and everything else available.
Can we assume you have Ubuntu installed

alongside Kubunu?

No, I only have Kubuntu installed.

BL