Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default No network on 12.04 install

Hi all, sorry for the delay.

I usually start by pinging the default gateway. If it works, I'll ping
my server by IP address. If not, I'll ping 127.0.0.1.

In any case, this whole thing was a mess. It turns out that the -23
kernel on the Kubuntu CD and DVD won't support this NIC, but -26 does.
So I downloaded and installed -26, and then had to configure the IP
address manually. DHCP would not give me an IP address, but it did
give me DNS after I configured the address manually.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com