Old 06-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Dotan Cohen

Default How to install debug symbols for Yakuake?

I am having frequent Yakuake crashes. I don't see debug symbols
available in Aptitude. Must I compile Yakuake myself to get debug
symbols?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 06-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Myriam Schweingruber

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having frequent Yakuake crashes. I don't see debug symbols
> available in Aptitude. Must I compile Yakuake myself to get debug
> symbols?

Yes, you need to recompile it yourself with the option
DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull in the cmake line. You can get the source
here: http://kde-apps.org/content/download.php?content=29153&id=1&tan=54434106

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org

Old 06-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Guus

I am having frequent Yakuake crashes. I don't see debug symbols
available in Aptitude. Must I compile Yakuake myself to get debug
symbols?

I think you are right, I cannot find it either. It might be an idea to
signal the package guy to include it.
Packaging has always been a mystery to me, otherwise I would have done
it myself.

P.S. I haven't had any crashes at all, yet, with yakuake.

--
Kind regards, Guus Bonnema.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Dotan Cohen

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Guus <gbonnema@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> P.S. I haven't had any crashes at all, yet, with yakuake.

What happens when you type 'exit' at the CLI? Mine crashes. It was
hard for me to even determine that this crash was happening, but it is
easy to see as the close does not animate and if their exist multiple
tabs open then they are all gone!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 06-26-2012, 05:22 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Em terça-feira, 26 de junho de 2012, às 14:55:28, Dotan Cohen escreveu:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Guus <gbonnema@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > P.S. I haven't had any crashes at all, yet, with yakuake.
>
> What happens when you type 'exit' at the CLI? Mine crashes. It was
> hard for me to even determine that this crash was happening, but it is
> easy to see as the close does not animate and if their exist multiple
> tabs open then they are all gone!

If I have more than one tab opened, the tab in which I typed exit closes, as
expected. If I have just one tab, then it closes but another session is
reopened immediately.
I have no yakuake crashes at the computers where I run it (all my computers
).

[]'s
Marcelo

Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Guus

P.S. I haven't had any crashes at all, yet, with yakuake.

What happens when you type 'exit' at the CLI? Mine crashes. It was
hard for me to even determine that this crash was happening, but it is
easy to see as the close does not animate and if their exist multiple
tabs open then they are all gone!

If I have more than one tab opened, the tab in which I typed exit closes, as
expected. If I have just one tab, then it closes but another session is
reopened immediately.
I have no yakuake crashes at the computers where I run it (all my computers
).

[]'s
Marcelo

I can confirm this behaviour. Closing with exit at the last tab, just
creates a new yakuake terminal (immediately, no pause). This is what I
expect, because yakuake was built to be permanently available and go out
of the way when you press f12.

If I exit with multiple tabs, only the tab I close is gone. So, nothing
special there either.

--
Kind regards, Guus Bonnema.