Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Arnaud bourree

Default Promoting guake and yakuake (terminal emulators)

+1 for yakuake
I specially love splitting capability better than in konsole

Thanks

Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Arnaud bourree said the following at 06/19/2012 02:21 PM :
> +1 for yakuake
> I specially love splitting capability better than in konsole

If you use splitting, it's hard to beat tmux.

I have my system set up to execute tmux inside yakuake on startup. I've never
seen anything that provides a command-line environment as nice as that
combination.

(I don't know why more people don't do the same thing. To me, everything else
seems rather primitive in comparison. But maybe that's just me.)

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR