etiquette (again) was: Update to the Community
While there are some rules about the etiquette, a couple of major notes to
1) Most every email client defaults to html, and replies are often defaulted
to using the format of the message replied to.
2) There is a message size limit that prevents most images from being
3) Who actually reads the welcome message sent? Obviously not enough :)
4) Be friendly ;) ( I read the alienation comment as meant to be a bit snarky,
but thankfully I was wrong)
5) We are too small a list to be worried so much about etiquette 24/7 in
regards to html.
6) However, formatting replies and trimming quotes sure makes it easier for
everyone to get to the meaty goodness.
7) It has been quite a while, 2009 if gmane's search is doing a proper job of
it, since this subject has come up in a significant way so I don't think there
has been any real issue with all the html mail we have received in that time.
8) See #6
9) See #4
wearing my list admin hat
kubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
|All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.|
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.