Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default kontact summary view

Is this just me?

Running 64-bit gutsy, I can't get anything to display in the kontact
summary view. For example, even though I have an appointment tomorrow,
and a To-Do item, neither of them in the respective parts of the
summary view.

I filed a bug report earlier because I couldn't get weather to appear
in the summary, but now that I investigate further, it seems like
nothing at all appears there.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Donn

>h I have an appointment tomorrow,
> and a To-Do item, neither of them in the respective parts of the
If you're life is coming-apart then try kalarm instead -- it's a real nice
alarm/reminder/script runner gui. I never could make head nor tails of
kontact.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Donn said the following at 11/27/2007 08:50 PM :
>> h I have an appointment tomorrow,
>> and a To-Do item, neither of them in the respective parts of the
> If you're life is coming-apart then try kalarm instead -- it's a real nice
> alarm/reminder/script runner gui. I never could make head nor tails of
> kontact.

No, I was just trying to figure out if I'm the only one with this problem
(in which case I'd try to figure out why my setup is somehow different) or
whether others have this problem (in which case I'll file a bug report).

Kontact is one of those things that has always seemed to be a possibly good
idea but there have always been too many bugs in prior versions, notably in
the calendar. Even since Sunbird's capabilities regressed after version
0.2a I've been looking for a calendar that is rock solid. The current
calendar in kontact seems to be OK (so far), so I'm strongly considering
using it as a kind of "home base", but it would be nice (albeit not exactly
necessary) to have the summary view working properly.

Doc