Old 04-09-2008, 04:47 PM
"Patricia Wilson"

Default weather applets

I am trying to get a weather applet (either gnome or KDE) going on my system. When I start any of them up they generate an unable to connect error. Is this an indication that I need to open another port in my firewall? Or something else?

TIA . . .
--
Patricia Wilson
Apache Junction, AZ

Old 04-09-2008, 05:11 PM
"Leticia Hernández"

2008/4/9, Patricia Wilson <wilson.pr.gm@gmail.com>:
> I am trying to get a weather applet (either gnome or KDE) going on my
> system. When I start any of them up they generate an unable to connect
> error. Is this an indication that I need to open another port in my
> firewall? Or something else?

Hi,

You shouldn't need to open any ports. Which weather applet are you
using? Have you tried another one, like Superkaramba's LiquidWeather?

--
Leticia Hernández

Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Constantinos Maltezos