Old 05-20-2012, 08:59 PM
ray burke

Default deleting firefox 10.02 from kpackagekit in k10.10 mm

can anyone help

I am having trouble with firefox 10.02 when I downloaded as an update
thru kpackagekit in my
k10.10 mm, after downloaded and installed it always came back
crashing, so I clonned back
to my backup disc k10.10 mm with the old firefox 9.0.1. But now I have
still showing with my
kpackagekit updates the firefox 10.02, so how do I get rid of it from
the updates?

ray

Old 05-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Perry

> can anyone help
>
> I am having trouble with firefox 10.02 when I downloaded as an update
> thru kpackagekit in my
> k10.10 mm, after downloaded and installed it always came back
> crashing, so I clonned back
> to my backup disc k10.10 mm with the old firefox 9.0.1. But now I have
> still showing with my
> kpackagekit updates the firefox 10.02, so how do I get rid of it from
> the updates?
>
> ray

Sorry, I have no time to check and find this out right now but I have read recently
(probably on this list) something concerning a way to "mark" a program,
so that it will not be updated.

O.T. any tips for cloning back (is it necessary to delete files of overwriting from
the backup is enough ?)

--
BOFH excuse #232: Ionization from the air-conditioning

Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 PM
ray burke

Perry,

don't understand question
"O.T. any tips for cloning back (is it necessary to delete files of
overwriting from
the backup is enough ?)"

ray
ps not sure about this marking

Old 05-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Perry

Ray said :
> kpackagekit updates the firefox 10.02, so how do I get rid of it from
> the updates?

I found the thread I mentionned yesterday, about marking a program,
so that it will not be updated.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2012-May/056314.html
Curiously it was initiated by you, and Niels answered in :
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2012-May/056330.html :
> > you can prevent the upgrade to a newer package version
> > as it is explained here:

<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PinningHowto#Introduction_to_Holding_Packages>

HTH

Perry

--
BOFH excuse #24: network packets travelling uphill (use a carrier pigeon)

Old 05-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Nils Kassube

Perry wrote:
> Ray said :
> > kpackagekit updates the firefox 10.02, so how do I get rid of it
> > from the updates?
>
> I found the thread I mentionned yesterday, about marking a program,
> so that it will not be updated.
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2012-May/056314.html
> Curiously it was initiated by you, and Niels answered in :
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2012-May/056330.html

I suppose Ray ignored that message because he wants a solution for
kpackagekit alone. Furthermore he needs to get the old firefox version
back before that version can be marked "hold". I think I could explain
it for synaptic, but not for kpackagekit (I have wiped kpackagekit long
ago and I'm not inclined to install it again). Isn't anybody familiar
enough with kpackagekit to explain how to do it?

Nils

Old 05-22-2012, 09:07 PM
ray burke

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 3:12 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:
> Perry wrote:
>> Ray said :
>> > kpackagekit updates the firefox 10.02, so how do I get rid of it
>> > from the updates?
>>
>> I found the thread I mentionned yesterday, about marking a program,
>> so that it will not be updated.
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2012-May/056314.html
>> Curiously it was initiated by you, and Niels answered in :
>>
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2012-May/056330.html
>
> I suppose Ray ignored that message because he wants a solution for
> kpackagekit alone. Furthermore he needs to get the old firefox version
> back before that version can be marked "hold". I think I could explain
> it for synaptic, but not for kpackagekit (I have wiped kpackagekit long
> ago and I'm not inclined to install it again). Isn't anybody familiar
> enough with kpackagekit to explain how to do it?
>

> Nils

Perry,

I forgot to mention in my last reply that I have done what was said in
those links but still have the problem of firefox 10.02 still showing
firefox10.02 as an update?

ray

Old 05-22-2012, 09:15 PM
ray burke