Old 05-20-2012, 07:39 PM
"Richard S. Crawford"

Default Compiling fails -- KDE libraries not found

Because I *hate* Amarok2 and its inability to sync playlists across devices, and Clementine doesn't seem to talk well to my MTP device, I'm trying to install Amarok 1.4 on my Pangolin box.
I've been following the instructions I found here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1559002&page=3
but when I try to configure the file I get the following error:

in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE libraries installed. This will fail.So, check this please and use another prefix!
Anyone have any ideas on how I can approach this?

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (richard@underpope.com)*http://www.underpope.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/underpope
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/underpope
Google+: http://gplus.to/underpope

Old 05-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Clay Weber

> On Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:39:36 PM Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>
> Because I *hate* Amarok2 and its inability to sync playlists across devices,
and Clementine doesn't seem to talk well to my MTP device, I'm trying to
install Amarok 1.4 on my Pangolin box.

> I've been following the instructions I found here:
>

> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1559002&page=3
>

> but when I try to configure the file I get the following error:
>

> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE libraries installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!
>

> Anyone have any ideas on how I can approach this?

Have you tried running configure with "--prefix=/usr"
Actually the real problem is that you may not have installed all the required
kde3 libs and dev packages, which no longer exist in recent versions.

Not knowing which part of this thread you followed makes it hard as parts of
it are old and likely outdated.

clay

Old 05-21-2012, 01:01 AM
"Richard S. Crawford"

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Clay Weber <clay@claydoh.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:39:36 PM Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> Because I *hate* Amarok2 and its inability to sync playlists across devices,

and Clementine doesn't seem to talk well to my MTP device, I'm trying to

install Amarok 1.4 on my Pangolin box.

> I've been following the instructions I found here:

> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1559002&page=3

> but when I try to configure the file I get the following error:

> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE libraries installed. This will fail.

> So, check this please and use another prefix!

> Anyone have any ideas on how I can approach this?

Have you tried running configure *with "--prefix=/usr"

Actually the real problem is that you may not have installed all the required

kde3 libs and dev packages, which no longer exist in recent versions.

Not knowing which part of this thread you followed makes it hard as parts of

it are old and likely outdated.
I was following the later parts of the thread, dated April 2012 and later. Obviously, *someone* got Amarok 1.4 working on their Pangolin machine, but I haven't been able to yet.