Old 05-20-2012, 12:36 PM
cherryfinals

Default Image Gallery tool gone?

I have been using the Create image gallery tool in Konquerer for several years and was shocked to see it isn't there in my 11.4 installation.

Any info I've been able to find on it dates back to 2008 or older.

It would be nice if Dolphin had such a tool, but that appears to be way too much to hope for.

Any suggestions?
BTW - Thanks for the tips on Nepomuk. I finally just killed it off as a total waste of disk space and resources.
*Stan
Reality is the illusion!
http://postorbitaldesign.net/
http://ecfield.deviantart.com/
http://mentilucent.net/

Old 05-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Basil Chupin

I have been using the Create image gallery tool in Konquerer

The name of 'Create' is not enough to identify which application you are
talking about.

There are several which available to be used for the purpose I think you
are talking about.

Digikam is one such tool.

But which one exactly are you talking about - give the exact name of the
application.

for several years and was shocked to see it isn't there in my 11.4
installation.

Any info I've been able to find on it dates back to 2008 or older.

It would be nice if Dolphin had such a tool, but that appears to be
way too much to hope for.

In Dolphin you can have a number of picture display and editing tools -
the default seems to be Gwenview on some systems but you can set this to
something of your choice.

So, once again, tell us what you mean by "Create image gallery" in you
opening sentence.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.3.6 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor

Old 05-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Basil Chupin

[...]

Just an addendum to the above.

Did you mean the application called 'kdeaddons3-konqueror' when you
mentioned Image Gallery tool? If so then it is still there.

BC

Old 05-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Kaj Haulrich

I have been using the Create image gallery tool in Konquerer for several
years and was shocked to see it isn't there in my 11.4 installation.

Any info I've been able to find on it dates back to 2008 or older.

It would be nice if Dolphin had such a tool, but that appears to be way
too much to hope for.

Any suggestions?

Yes, install kipi-plugins:
'sudo apt-get install kipi-plugins'

It runs in dolphin, gwenview and konqueror under :
plugins --> export as html.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
--- Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer---
--------- Running Linux Kubuntu 12.04 ---------