FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Ryan Gauger
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details

Good afternoon Tobias,
Sorry for not getting back with you sooner. First off, I would like to affirm you for stepping up in one of your previous emails to the list by including Jesus in your email. I am sure God smiled when He saw you do that.
You can download Lubuntu 12.04 at the following link: http://lubuntu.net
I do not recommend running older versions of Lubuntu because you will get updates and support longer than you would with either of the 2011 releases. Thanks, and have a great rest of the week!!!
In Christ,Ryan
On May 24, 2012, at 9:34 AM, tobias schwibingerr <whyskyhigh@yahoo.de> wrote:







Good afternoon Tobias,



Lubuntu has not been around that long; it has no Hardy release. Its
first release was Lucid. I recommend trying out Precise on it
(Precise is the latest release). It is not an LTS version, but still
works just as well. I also recommend sending me individual emails
regarding Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Lubuntu to rtgkid@gmail.com, because this
list is mainly for Kubuntu support. I will be glad to help you at my
email address though if you have any questions. I am not trying to
make you feel like you are not part of the community; you are, the
reason for this again, simply being that this list is mainly for
Kubuntu support. Thanks, and have a great rest of the day, and
weekend ---when it gets here!



In Christ,

Ryan




-----Integrierter Anhang folgt-----

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:





good afternoon
thank You for help.
I am looking now for lubuntuand maybe the new lubuntu from 2011 can boot.
regards
whysky


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-26-2012, 07:51 PM
tobias schwibingerr
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details

--- Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com> schrieb am Fr, 25.5.2012:






Von: Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com>
Betreff: Re: Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details
An: "Kubuntu user technical support" <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
CC: "Kubuntu user technical support" <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Datum: Freitag, 25. Mai, 2012 23:40 Uhr

Good afternoon Tobias,
Sorry for not getting back with you sooner. First off, I would like to affirm you for stepping up in one of your previous emails to the list by including Jesus in your email.
I am sure God smiled when He saw you do that.
You can download Lubuntu 12.04 at the following link: http://lubuntu.net
I do not recommend running older versions of Lubuntu because you will get updates and support longer than you would with either of the 2011 releases. Thanks, and have a great rest of the week!!!
In Christ,Ryan
On May 24, 2012, at 9:34 AM, tobias schwibingerr <whyskyhigh@yahoo.de> wrote:







Good afternoon Tobias,



Lubuntu has not been around that long; it has no Hardy release. Its
first release was Lucid. I recommend trying out Precise on it
(Precise is the latest release). It is not an LTS version, but still
works just as well. I also recommend sending me individual emails
regarding Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Lubuntu to rtgkid@gmail.com, because this
list is mainly for Kubuntu support. I will be glad to help you at my
email address though if you have any questions. I am not trying to
make you feel like you are not part of the community; you are, the
reason for this again, simply being that this list is mainly for
Kubuntu support. Thanks, and have a great rest of the day, and
weekend ---when it gets here!



In Christ,

Ryan




-----Integrierter Anhang folgt-----

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:





good afternoon
thank You for help.
I am looking now for lubuntuand maybe the new lubuntu from 2011 can boot.
regards
whysky


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

-----Integrierter Anhang folgt-----

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users








Good afternoon.thank You for Your friendly email: I did download lubuntu and tried it a little bit at the pc of my neighbour. Is there also ubuntu xubuntu and ubuntu list?*personal message to Ryan: Today we talked in our group: was Josepf a rich son of Jacob. (Genesis).regards whysky


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-27-2012, 02:57 AM
Ryan Gauger
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details

Tobias,
Did you like Lubuntu better than Kubuntu? It is definitely a lot faster than KDE on some computers, but does not have nearly as many fancy features or eye candy as Kubuntu and KDE do.
You can find the Ubuntu users mailing list at:*https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Xubuntu users:https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
Lubuntu users:https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/lubuntu-users
I am only subscribed to this list, but will probably subscribe to another list also if you join another, so that I will be able to continue helping you.
I am not sure if Jospeh was rich or not. What did you find out about him?
In Christ,Ryan

On May 26, 2012, at 2:51 PM, tobias schwibingerr <whyskyhigh@yahoo.de> wrote:



--- Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com> schrieb am Fr, 25.5.2012:






Von: Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com>
Betreff: Re: Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details
An: "Kubuntu user technical support" <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
CC: "Kubuntu user technical support" <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Datum: Freitag, 25. Mai, 2012 23:40 Uhr

Good afternoon Tobias,
Sorry for not getting back with you sooner. First off, I would like to affirm you for stepping up in one of your previous emails to the list by including Jesus in your email.
I am sure God smiled when He saw you do that.
You can download Lubuntu 12.04 at the following link: http://lubuntu.net
I do not recommend running older versions of Lubuntu because you will get updates and support longer than you would with either of the 2011 releases. Thanks, and have a great rest of the week!!!
In Christ,Ryan
On May 24, 2012, at 9:34 AM, tobias schwibingerr <whyskyhigh@yahoo.de> wrote:







Good afternoon Tobias,



Lubuntu has not been around that long; it has no Hardy release. Its
first release was Lucid. I recommend trying out Precise on it
(Precise is the latest release). It is not an LTS version, but still
works just as well. I also recommend sending me individual emails
regarding Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Lubuntu to rtgkid@gmail.com, because this
list is mainly for Kubuntu support. I will be glad to help you at my
email address though if you have any questions. I am not trying to
make you feel like you are not part of the community; you are, the
reason for this again, simply being that this list is mainly for
Kubuntu support. Thanks, and have a great rest of the day, and
weekend ---when it gets here!



In Christ,

Ryan




-----Integrierter Anhang folgt-----

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:





good afternoon
thank You for help.
I am looking now for lubuntuand maybe the new lubuntu from 2011 can boot.
regards
whysky


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

-----Integrierter Anhang folgt-----

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users








Good afternoon.thank You for Your friendly email: I did download lubuntu and tried it a little bit at the pc of my neighbour. Is there also ubuntu xubuntu and ubuntu list?*personal message to Ryan: Today we talked in our group: was Josepf a rich son of Jacob. (Genesis).regards whysky


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-27-2012, 12:16 PM
tobias schwibingerr
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details

Good morning ryan. Thank You for help and support. This machine does like kubuntu. The question was: Where to ask about Ubuntu Family. And if You can tell me, there is Kubuntu Lubuntu Ubuntu Maillist, I know, where I can ask Shell Bash questions. Or I did not understand Update System, example Lucid and ocelot are not the same software. But all my questions, dont hurry, also other helpers. *

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Nils Kassube
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details

tobias schwibingerr wrote:
> The question was: Where to ask about Ubuntu Family.
> And if You can tell me, there is Kubuntu Lubuntu Ubuntu Maillist,

You can find all *Ubuntu relates mailing lists at
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/>.
Particularly these are probably what you were looking for:
<http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users>
<http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Lubuntu-users>
<http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users>
<http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-de>


Nils

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Ryan Gauger
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details

Tobias,
Good afternoon. I do not totally understand the question, but I will answer to the best of my ability. Sorry if I have misunderstood. Update System means a very minor update of software packages on your system. This is completely different from a distribution upgrade. A software upgrade is a different version of software, that will most likely add new features. All Ubuntu/Kubuntu upgrades add new features to make the computer faster and easier to use. Point upgrades do not add new features, they just fix bugs. There are usually four point upgrades for an LTS (long-term support) release, although with Precise being supported for five years on both servers and desktops, I am not completely sure though. Software UPDATES (I would make that italic if I could, but I am on my iPod) can be seen as tiny upgrades, where there are usually no new features added, just bug fixes. Tell me if I failed to answer your questions correctly. Thanks! Have a great rest of the week!!!
In Christ,Ryan
On May 27, 2012, at 7:16 AM, tobias schwibingerr <whyskyhigh@yahoo.de> wrote:

Good morning ryan. Thank You for help and support. This machine does like kubuntu. The question was: Where to ask about Ubuntu Family. And if You can tell me, there is Kubuntu Lubuntu Ubuntu Maillist, I know, where I can ask Shell Bash questions. Or I did not understand Update System, example Lucid and ocelot are not the same software. But all my questions, dont hurry, also other helpers. *

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-28-2012, 03:50 PM
tobias schwibingerr
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details

--- Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com> schrieb am So, 27.5.2012:

Von: Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com>
Betreff: Re: Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details
An: "Kubuntu user technical support" <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
CC: "Kubuntu user technical support" <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Datum: Sonntag, 27. Mai, 2012 19:54 Uhr

Tobias,
Good afternoon. I do not totally understand the question, but I will answer to the best of my ability. Sorry if I have misunderstood. Update System means a very minor update of software packages on your system.
This is completely different from a distribution upgrade. A software upgrade is a different version of software, that will most likely add new features. All Ubuntu/Kubuntu upgrades add new features to make the computer faster and easier to use. Point upgrades do not add new features, they just fix bugs. There are usually four point upgrades for an LTS (long-term support) release, although with Precise being supported for five years on both servers and desktops, I am not completely sure though. Software UPDATES (I would make that italic if I could, but I am on my iPod) can be seen as tiny upgrades, where there are usually no new features added, just bug fixes. Tell me if I failed to answer your questions correctly. Thanks! Have a great rest of the week!!!
In Christ,Ryan
On May 27, 2012, at 7:16 AM, tobias schwibingerr <whyskyhigh@yahoo.de> wrote:

Good morning ryan. Thank You for help and support. This machine does like kubuntu. The question was: Where to ask about Ubuntu Family. And if You can tell me, there is Kubuntu Lubuntu Ubuntu Maillist, I know, where I can ask Shell Bash questions. Or I did not understand Update System, example Lucid and ocelot are not the same software. But all my questions, dont hurry, also other helpers. *




goood afternoon. thank You for email. was ist minor software. for example there is gimp or mutt oder firefix. ist minor: there is an update and a modern gimp or is minor software, filled with bugs? regards whysky*--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Ryan Gauger
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details

On 05/28/2012 10:50 AM, tobias schwibingerr wrote:








--- Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com> schrieb
am So, 27.5.2012:



Von: Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com>

Betreff: Re: Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more
details

An: "Kubuntu user technical support"
<kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

CC: "Kubuntu user technical support"
<kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

Datum: Sonntag, 27. Mai, 2012 19:54 Uhr







Tobias,



Good afternoon. I do not totally
understand the question, but I will answer
to the best of my ability. Sorry if I have
misunderstood. Update System means a very
minor update of software packages on your
system. This is completely different from a
distribution upgrade. A software upgrade is
a different version of software, that will
most likely add new features. All
Ubuntu/Kubuntu upgrades add new features to
make the computer faster and easier to use.
Point upgrades do not add new features, they
just fix bugs. There are usually four point
upgrades for an LTS (long-term support)
release, although with Precise being
supported for five years on both servers and
desktops, I am not completely sure though.
Software UPDATES (I would make that italic
if I could, but I am on my iPod) can be seen
as tiny upgrades, where there are usually no
new features added, just bug fixes. Tell me
if I failed to answer your questions
correctly. Thanks! Have a great rest of the
week!!!





In Christ,
Ryan


On May 27, 2012, at 7:16 AM, tobias schwibingerr
<whyskyhigh@yahoo.de>
wrote:










Good morning ryan. Thank You
for help and support. This machine
does like kubuntu. The question
was: Where to ask about Ubuntu
Family. And if You can tell me,
there is Kubuntu Lubuntu Ubuntu
Maillist, I know, where I can ask
Shell Bash questions. Or I did not
understand Update System, example
Lucid and ocelot are not the same
software. But all my questions,
dont hurry, also other helpers. *



























goood
afternoon. thank You for email. was
ist minor software. for example
there is gimp or mutt oder firefix.
ist minor: there is an update and a
modern gimp or is minor software,
filled with bugs? regards whysky*



















Good morning, Tobias. Do you mean a beta package or version of the
software? Most can be added via using a PPA, through a terminal. Is
there any package or software you are wanting to get the alpha/beta
of? If it is Firefox, I think it is fine to update to the beta,
since a lot of bugs are fixed in the Nightly/Alpha releases before
beta. But if it is another app you are wanting the beta of, I
recommend sticking with the current stable version unless it is a
necessity to update to the beta. It is not as easy as downloading
the software from the internet (although it may be with some
packages, but with most, it isn't), and installing it as you would
in Windows. I can help you if you need help upgrading to beta
versions by adding the repository/PPA. Thanks!



In Christ,

Ryan



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org