FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Linux User
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot from ASUS P8P67 PRO

Asus P8P67 pro is not booting into Kubuntu/Ubuntu. it has UEFI...It
boots into Windows only. Kubuntu's grub was installed on sda (the only HDD)


L

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Kaj Haulrich
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot from ASUS P8P67 PRO

On 05/17/2012 10:27 PM, Linux User wrote:

Asus P8P67 pro is not booting into Kubuntu/Ubuntu. it has UEFI...It
boots into Windows only. Kubuntu's grub was installed on sda (the only HDD)


You will have to reinstall, this time telling the installer to put grub
on the EFI-partition.


HTH
Kaj Haulrich.
--
--- Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer---
--------- Running Linux Kubuntu 12.04 ---------

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Linux User
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot from ASUS P8P67 PRO

On 05/17/2012 11:34 PM, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

On 05/17/2012 10:27 PM, Linux User wrote:

Asus P8P67 pro is not booting into Kubuntu/Ubuntu. it has UEFI...It
boots into Windows only. Kubuntu's grub was installed on sda (the
only HDD)


You will have to reinstall, this time telling the installer to put
grub on the EFI-partition.


which one will be EFI partition? How to find? It's dual boot with
Windows on sda1 and Ubuntu installed on sda2





HTH
Kaj Haulrich.



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 05-18-2012, 05:08 AM
Kaj Haulrich
 
Default Ubuntu can't boot from ASUS P8P67 PRO

On 05/18/2012 01:06 AM, Linux User wrote:

On 05/17/2012 11:34 PM, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

On 05/17/2012 10:27 PM, Linux User wrote:

Asus P8P67 pro is not booting into Kubuntu/Ubuntu. it has UEFI...It
boots into Windows only. Kubuntu's grub was installed on sda (the
only HDD)


You will have to reinstall, this time telling the installer to put
grub on the EFI-partition.


which one will be EFI partition? How to find? It's dual boot with
Windows on sda1 and Ubuntu installed on sda2


I guess there must be a way to see the EFI partition from inside Windows
- sometimes called the 'system' or 'hidden' partition. Not sure though,
because first thing I do with a new computer is to erase Windows
completely.


However, on a EFI-system, when installing Linux you'll have to create an
EFI partition (around 100 MB) anyway and put grub-efi on it. On my
system that is sda2. As far as I can tell there is no way of getting
rid of this UEFI rigmarole and revert to the good, old BIOS.


There is some further information here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFIBooting

Kaj Haulrich.
--
--- Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer---
--------- Running Linux Kubuntu 12.04 ---------

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org