-   -   Firefox and magnet (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/666937-firefox-magnet.html)

Georgi Kourtev 05-15-2012 08:10 AM

Firefox and magnet

I was trying to download a file through a magnet link. It works on my other
machine but on a new installation of 12.04 (4.8.3) I have the following pop-up
in Firefox:

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
(magnet) isn't associated with any program."

Didn't find anything meaningful while googling. Any ideas? I am using
KTorroent as a client.

Thanks,
gk

jonas larsson 05-15-2012 09:02 AM

Firefox and magnet

I managed to fix this. I think the first answer in second post is correct. On mobile now so cant check

http://askubuntu.com/questions/53102/how-to-open-magnet-links-from-firefox-with-deluge

Hth

Jonas