Old 04-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Rosalind Mitchell

Default 8.04 Beta hangs arbitrarily

I have been having quite a bit of trouble with my Hardy Beta Kubuntu
installation, which hangs arbitrarily. There's nothing I can do to recover
from the hang as everything freezes up and I can't get access to a text
session to restart nicely. It's back to the button on the front of the box.

I haven't had this trouble with previous versions of Kubuntu, so I assume it's
something to do with the interaction of Hardy Beta with my AMD-64 box.

Am I alone in having these problems? And if not, is there a known way round
them?

Rosie

--
Currently Reading: ROBINSON, PETER: A Dedicated Man
Bye bye Livejournal - keep up with my wibblings at Enitharmon's Cave:

Old 04-09-2008, 12:33 PM
" Girard Henri"

I have too ... I can't even come back to kdm only gdm works fine
they said it's an ELF library problem ..

Old 04-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Valter Mura

Il mercoledž 9 aprile 2008 10:54:07 Rosalind Mitchell ha scritto:
> I have been having quite a bit of trouble with my Hardy Beta Kubuntu
> installation, which hangs arbitrarily. There's nothing I can do to recover
> from the hang as everything freezes up and I can't get access to a text
> session to restart nicely. It's back to the button on the front of the
> box.
>
> I haven't had this trouble with previous versions of Kubuntu, so I assume
> it's something to do with the interaction of Hardy Beta with my AMD-64 box.
>
> Am I alone in having these problems? And if not, is there a known way
> round them?

Same problems here, with a boot from cd version... the system hangs and I have
to unplug my comp to shutdown and reboot

--
Valter
Gnupgp ID: 0xD7274715 in hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com