Old 05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Bas Roufs - message in English

Default What can I do to get this Virtuoso backend project started again - with a view to structurally resolve the worst KMAIL problems?

Hello Steve and Everybody

*

> It is unfortunate that Akonadi and Nepomuk require what amounts to two

> full-on databases to function: MySQL for Akonadi and Virtuoso for Nepomuk.

> At one time, there was effort to create a Virtuoso backend for Akonadi, so

> that we could do everything with a single database. That work has, alas,

> stalled.

*

Pls. explain briefly what I (and perhaps some others) can do to get this Virtuoso backend project started again - something like this could structurally resolve problems with KMail and Kontact. Do I need to learn code writing for -amongst others - Unix via Kate or KDevelop? Can you recommend me one or few tutorials relevant in this context?
Respectfully yours,
BAS.

*

Bas G. Roufs MA