Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Default No video on Skype

Fresh install of Kubuntu 12.04, 64 bit, KDE 4.8.3
Laptop DELL Inspiron 1525 with built-in camera
Skype (beta) 2.2.0.35

In Skype the video is not working. When I go on Skype's video device setting
the drop down menu says 'no device found'. Googled a bit but couldn't find
anything meaningful.

Any shared knowledge is appreciated.
gk

Old 05-08-2012, 01:59 PM
gh

Le 08/05/2012 10:37, Georgi Kourtev a crit :

Fresh install of Kubuntu 12.04, 64 bit, KDE 4.8.3
Laptop DELL Inspiron 1525 with built-in camera
Skype (beta) 2.2.0.35

In Skype the video is not working. When I go on Skype's video device setting
the drop down menu says 'no device found'. Googled a bit but couldn't find
anything meaningful.

Any shared knowledge is appreciated.
gk

yes : it's the v4l lib
write in your icon :
bash -c 'LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype'
and it should work...
by the way if you have problem with sound look if it's behind or in
frond for the micro

regards
Henri

Old 05-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Georgi Kourtev

It might sound stupid, but what does it mean 'write it into your icon'? And how should I do it? Thanks for the help.

Gk

На 08.05.2012 16:59 "gh" <girardhenri@free.fr> написа:

Old 05-08-2012, 06:33 PM
gh

Yes sorry... English is not my language.

I send you the link to do it it's better explained.

But reading your question I am wondering if it is the true problem ?

It looks like if it didn't find your driver ?

Try with cheese application if it works then it might be skype
problem.

But in any case your question might not sound stupid

We are all the same : If we know we can solve the problem, but if we
don't know ... problem !

good luck

Henri

Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Georgi Kourtev

[...]

*

Henri,

*

Thank you! I edited the icon as per your suggestion and now it works fine! Merci beaucoup!

gk

Old 05-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Ryan Gauger

Georgi,
If you can help it, please refrain from sending emails with the lettering vertical. It may not be your problem though. It may very well be my computer. Thanks!

Old 05-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Leslie Anne Chatterton

Georgi's emails all look normal on my computer... I don't know what could be causing strange things on yours.

Sent from my XOOM Android Tablet

Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 AM
gene heskett

On Monday, May 14, 2012 08:43:00 PM Ryan Gauger did opine:

> Georgi,
>
> If you can help it, please refrain from sending emails with the
> lettering vertical. It may not be your problem though. It may very well
> be my computer. Thanks!

Something might be wrong with your 'ipod mailer' then, Georgi's message
looks plumb normal to kmail here.

> On May 14, 2012, at 7:33 AM, Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 08 May 2012 20:33:15 gh wrote:
> > Yes sorry... English is not my language.
> > I send you the link to do it it's better explained.
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1973096
> > But reading your question I am wondering if it is the true problem ?
> > It looks like if it didn't find your driver ?
> > Try with cheese application if it works then it might be skype
> > problem. But in any case your question might not sound stupid
> > We are all the same : If we know we can solve the problem, but if we
> > don't know ... problem ! good luck
> > Henri
> >

> > Le 08/05/2012 20:12, Georgi Kourtev a أ©crit :
> >
> > It might sound stupid, but what does it mean 'write it into your
> > icon'? And how should I do it? Thanks for the help. Gk
> >
> > ذ*ذ° 08.05.2012 16:59 "gh" <girardhenri@free.fr> ذ½ذ°ذ؟ذ¸رپذ°:
> > Le 08/05/2012 10:37, Georgi Kourtev a أ©crit :
> >
> > Fresh install of Kubuntu 12.04, 64 bit, KDE 4.8.3
> > Laptop DELL Inspiron 1525 with built-in camera
> > Skype (beta) 2.2.0.35
> >
> > In Skype the video is not working. When I go on Skype's video device
> > setting the drop down menu says 'no device found'. Googled a bit but
> > couldn't find anything meaningful.
> >
> > Any shared knowledge is appreciated.
> > gk
> >

> > yes : it's the v4l lib
> > write in your icon :
> > bash -c 'LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386- linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l1compat.so
> > skype' and it should work...
> > by the way if you have problem with sound look if it's behind or in
> > frond for the micro regards
> > Henri
> >
> > Henri,
> >
> > Thank you! I edited the icon as per your suggestion and now it works
> > fine! Merci beaucoup! gk

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If opportunity came disguised as temptation, one knock would be enough.