-   -   thanks for all your efforts so far. (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/663886-thanks-all-your-efforts-so-far.html)

Bas Roufs - message in English 05-07-2012 12:08 PM

thanks for all your efforts so far.

Hello Steve,

With respect to MySQL and SQLite along with Kontact: thanks for all your efforts so far. I have checked your ideas in your latest post to the Kubuntu forums today. See at and below this post for more details: http://bit.ly/IRNoze

After my travel I will go on with my attempts to find some solution or workaround - I will report my findings to a few relevant forums then.

Respectfully yours,

Bas Roufs.
--

Bas G. Roufs MA

Van 't Hoffstraat 1

NL-3514 VT Utrecht

The Netherlands

E. BasRoufs@gmail.com

Mob. +31 6 446 835 10

Tel. +31 30 785 40

Skype, Google Talk: basroufs

Websites in construction:

BasRoufs.eu
Viaconsensus.nl
RainbowGathering.eu
Open source OS: Linux Kubuntu 12.04.

Steve Riley 05-07-2012 06:15 PM

thanks for all your efforts so far.

On 2012-05-07 14:08:48 Bas Roufs - message in English <basroufs@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Steve,
> With respect to MySQL and SQLite along with Kontact: thanks for all your
> efforts so far. I have checked your ideas in your latest post to the Kubuntu
> forums today. See at and below this post for more details:
> http://bit.ly/IRNoze
> After my travel I will go on with my attempts to find some solution or
> workaround - I will report my findings to a few relevant forums then.
> Respectfully yours,
> Bas Roufs.

Hi, Bas. I replied to you at the forum; I'll include my reply here, too, for
the benefit of list members...

It is unfortunate that Akonadi and Nepomuk require what amounts to two full-on
databases to function: MySQL for Akonadi and Virtuoso for Nepomuk. At one
time, there was effort to create a Virtuoso backend for Akonadi, so that we
could do everything with a single database. That work has, alas, stalled.

...Steve