Old 05-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Kppp cannot be launched

12.04, KDE 4.8.3

I was trying to launch Kppp for USB wireless modem, but the program do not
open. Through terminal I got this:

/usr/bin/kppp: Permission denied

With sudo kppp it starts however. How can this be corrected?
gk

Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Thomas Tanghus Olsen

On Saturday 05 May 2012 01:00 Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> 12.04, KDE 4.8.3
>
> I was trying to launch Kppp for USB wireless modem, but the program do not
> open. Through terminal I got this:
>
> /usr/bin/kppp: Permission denied
>
> With sudo kppp it starts however. How can this be corrected?
> gk

sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/kppp

Why do you use kppp? The network manager handles wireless modems just fine
afaik.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen