-   -   Kppp cannot be launched (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/663227-kppp-cannot-launched.html)

Georgi Kourtev 05-04-2012 10:00 PM

Kppp cannot be launched

12.04, KDE 4.8.3

I was trying to launch Kppp for USB wireless modem, but the program do not
open. Through terminal I got this:

/usr/bin/kppp: Permission denied

With sudo kppp it starts however. How can this be corrected?
gk

Thomas Tanghus Olsen 05-04-2012 10:11 PM

Kppp cannot be launched

On Saturday 05 May 2012 01:00 Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> 12.04, KDE 4.8.3
>
> I was trying to launch Kppp for USB wireless modem, but the program do not
> open. Through terminal I got this:
>
> /usr/bin/kppp: Permission denied
>
> With sudo kppp it starts however. How can this be corrected?
> gk

sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/kppp

Why do you use kppp? The network manager handles wireless modems just fine
afaik.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen