Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Chuck Peters

Default KDE 4.83 in Launchpad

I am currently downloading KDE 4.83 from
https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=precise.

In the past updates like this have been in the backports ppa. I was
waiting to add the backports ppa since it doesn't have any 12.04
packages yet. Which ppa will contain the KDE updates/upgrades in the
future?

Thanks,
Chuck

Old 05-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Clay Weber

On Thursday, May 03, 2012 07:59:37 PM Chuck Peters wrote:
> https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=precise.
>
> In the past updates like this have been in the backports ppa. I was
> waiting to add the backports ppa since it doesn't have any 12.04
> packages yet. Which ppa will contain the KDE updates/upgrades in the
> future?

Backports ppa usually bring you new *major* KDE versions, such as 4.9

The Updates ppa will have the minor point releses, such as upgrading from
4.8.2 to 4.8.3 as you are seeing.

http://claydoh.com/kubuntu-and-its-repositories/

--
clay