Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Swapnil Bhartiya

Default Problems with Kubuntu 12.04

Hi,

I have been struggling with Dolphin ever since I started using KDE.
Dolphin cant:

1. Automount my Nikon D7000 Camera where as Nautilus can.
2. Can't detect or automount Galaxy Nexus phone where as Nautilus can.
At the same time a lot of other USB devices don't automount.
3. When I reboot the system it fails to connect to WiFi and keeps
showing awaiting authentication.

4. Audio drops almost every time

Arnie

Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 AM
d~_*b

On Thu 03 May 2012 10:50:38 AM Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been struggling with Dolphin ever since I started using KDE.
> Dolphin cant:
> 1. Automount my Nikon D7000 Camera where as Nautilus can.
> 2. Can't detect or automount Galaxy Nexus phone where as Nautilus can.
> At the same time a lot of other USB devices don't automount.
> 3. When I reboot the system it fails to connect to WiFi and keeps
> showing awaiting authentication.
> 4. Audio drops almost every time
>
> Arnie

For 4 : Audio dropping -
Go to Kmix > Settings > Configure kmix > & Check 'Restore Volume on Login'
Else it may be a know issue like stated in the 'Known Problems ' on :
http://www.kubuntu.org/news/12.04-release more details of the bug is present
here : 'https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdemultimedia/+bug/963895'

For 1, 2 and 3
Either search 'Removable Devices' in System Settings on in the KMenu
this will open the module where you can specify automounting for Devices
http://userbase.kde.org/System_Settings/Removable_Devices and
http://maketecheasier.com/manage-removable-devices-in-kde/2010/05/24

-- & Ru