Old 05-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Carlos Baptista

Default Hidden Wireless

Hi,

I have a problem with 12.04.

I cant connect to a hidden network with the following settings:

hiden ssid

security : wpa2 enterprise

authentication : Protected EAP

peap version : automatic (also tested with version 0 an 1)

inner auth MSCHAPv2

Everything works with an opensuse live cd.

I can connect to visible wpa2 networks.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Carlos

Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Isak Enström

I cant connect to a hidden network with the following settings:

hiden ssid

security : wpa2 enterprise

authentication : Protected EAP

peap version : automatic (also tested with version 0 an 1)

inner auth MSCHAPv2

Everything works with an opensuse live cd.

I can connect to visible wpa2 networks.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Carlos

I'm not sure if this will help you with your problem, but it's worth a shot at least.
http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?52642-Connect-to-hidden-wireless-network-with-knetworkmanager-good-how-to

~~Isak__Powered by Ubuntu - www.ubuntu.com

Old 05-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Steve Riley

2012/5/3 Carlos Baptista <cbaptista@opensuse.us>

> I have a problem with 12.04.
>
> I cant connect to a hidden network with the following settings:
>
> hiden ssid
> security : wpa2 enterprise
> authentication : Protected EAP
> peap version : automatic (also tested with version 0 an 1)
> inner auth MSCHAPv2
>
> Everything works with an opensuse live cd.
>
> I can connect to visible wpa2 networks.

Don't be surprised if someday NetworkManager, Wicd, or even the base OS won't
connect to hidden wireless networks. SSID hiding has never been officially
supported by the Wi-Fi Alliance, and the 802.11 specs do not require
supplicants to support hidden SSIDs.

...Steve