Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Installing printer HP

Kubuntu 12.04. Fresh install. I wanted to install a netwrok HP LaserJet
printer and never managed to get it work through CUPS or Setting--> Printers.
The printer is installed but cannot print due to error
"usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups failed"

The solution I found is to use konsole 'sudo hp-setup -i' as suggested here
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/gentoo-87/usr-libexec-cups-filter-
hpcups-failed-818393/. All works fine now.

Did someone got the same issue? is this a bug that needs to be open?
gk

Old 05-04-2012, 05:50 PM

I don't know what think more about this. On fedora, arch linux and Kubuntu, always the same annoying thing about my printers

What makes the printer works fine is donwnload the foo2zjs driver, make, getweb, make install

and AFTER all of this, install the printer. Ubuntu, nor Kubuntu and even the another distros I've tested, except mandriva one 2010, my HP P1005 always annoys me a little to make this work

----- Mensagem de gkourtev@gmail.com ---------

----- Final da mensagem de gkourtev@gmail.com -----