Old 05-03-2012, 04:51 AM
Lucas L

Default bin folder with a "check-home" file appeared in Home directory

Hi,*I recently noticed a new folder in my Home directory, with a file named "check-home". File appears to be an executable but has no extension, an it is 20,7 KiB.*
I tried to open it with kate and, apart from the strange characters, close to the end of the file I could read the following lines:*

/proc/self/exe .config/.check-home.pid /proc/%s/exe %d .tar CPUINFO=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name'`;LSPCI=`lspci`;echo ${CPUINFO}${LSPCI} | sha1sum | head -c 40 check-filesystem /proc/stat btime /bin/sh /bin/busybox test4.lnx-ads.com test6.lnx-ads.com * UDP

*-c /dev/urandom .local tcp udp /etc/services � * * * * * * � � *� /etc/hosts DNSCACHEIP /etc/resolv.conf nameserver search domain /etc/passwd *
Does anybody know something about this file? Is it dangerous or should I delete it?*
Thanks in advance,*Lucas