-   -   Kontact 4.8.2 & Kubuntu 12.04: how to import a local calendar and to-do list into Google? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/662453-kontact-4-8-2-kubuntu-12-04-how-import-local-calendar-do-list-into-google.html)

Bas Roufs - message in English 05-02-2012 09:33 PM

Kontact 4.8.2 & Kubuntu 12.04: how to import a local calendar and to-do list into Google?

Hello everybody,

*

at present, I have 2 calendars in Kontact: a local one and "akonadi_gcal_resource" (Akonadi/ Google.)

Already several months, I am trying to find out how I could import the local calendar and to-do list into "akonadi_gcal_resource". The best way I have been able to find so far is like this:

KONTACT > FILE > import > import calendar > merge into existing calendar.

However, I still get stuck at this point:

*

*

In the image above, you can find two empty dialogue windows under the phrase "Select the calendar where this item (=the local calendar .ical file, BR) will be stored." However, I see no possibility to click there somewhere at something like "akonadi_gcal_resource". The only button I can click at, is "Cancel". The "OK"button is always disabled.

*

*

Do you have any clue?

Respectfully yours,

Bas
--

Bas G. Roufs MA

Van 't Hoffstraat 1

NL-3514 VT Utrecht

The Netherlands

E. BasRoufs@gmail.com

Mob. +31 6 446 835 10

Tel. +31 30 785 40

Skype, Google Talk: BasRoufs

Websites in construction:

BasRoufs.eu
Viaconsensus.nl
RainbowGathering.eu
Open source OS: Linux Kubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Waleed Hamra 05-03-2012 01:21 AM

On Wednesday May 2 2012 23:33:11 Bas Roufs - message in English wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> at present, I have 2 calendars in Kontact: a local one and
> "akonadi_gcal_resource" (Akonadi/ Google.)
> Already several months, I am trying to find out how I could import the local
> calendar and to-do list into "akonadi_gcal_resource". The best way I have
> been able to find so far is like this:
> KONTACT > FILE > import > import calendar > merge into existing calendar.
> However, I still get stuck at this point:
>

> In the image above, you can find two empty dialogue windows under the phrase
> "Select the calendar where this item (=the local calendar .ical file, BR)
> will be stored." However, I see no possibility to click there somewhere at
> something like "akonadi_gcal_resource". The only button I can click at, is
> "Cancel". The "OK"button is always disabled.
>

> Do you have any clue?
> Respectfully yours,
> Bas

i don't really know anything about calendars, and don't use them. but
searching around, i came across this article. doesn't seem straightforward,
and not sure if it's what you need.

http://archive09.linux.com/feature/122054.html

hope this helps.

--