Old 05-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Matt Price

Default can't rename activities/no activiities settings

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Steve Riley <stvrly@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2012-05-03 16:52:44 Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> any hints? *Kubuntu-desktop is installed and uptodate, and I seem to
>> have everything else related to activities that I can find. *Is there
>> a command I can issue at the command line maybw? *Thanks again,
>
> 1. Right-click the desktop background. You should see a menu like this:
>
> http://goo.gl/IcbD3
>
> 2. Don't choose "Desktop Settings," but instead choose "Activities." The
> Activity Manager will appear at the bottom of your screen:
>
> http://goo.gl/oZhpB
>
> 3.Click the wrench next to the Activity you want to rename (in the
> illustration, it's currently called "New Activity"). Here, you can change the
> name and the icon:
>
> http://goo.gl/8RlUN
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> ...Steve
ah, that was super-helpful! in the default kubuntu theme (or maybe
it's not the default theme -- maybe it's something I experimented with
back at he dawn of time, and then forgot about?) the wrench is really
hard for me to see. Now I'm really starting to get it -- this seems
great so far!
matt