-   -   Great update experience to 12.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/661255-great-update-experience-12-04-a.html)

Paul Stear 04-30-2012 10:29 AM

Great update experience to 12.04

Hi,
I just wish to thank all developers who produced this latest updat. Although
very slow downlods from the servers, the actual update went without a hitch.
Well done to all.

However, I do have one problem. I have a button on the task bar "Update
Information - KDE Daemon" If I click this I get a large black strip across the
centre of my screen. That's it just a strip.

Any ideas?
Paul

Lindsay Mathieson 04-30-2012 11:23 AM

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:29:16 AM Paul Stear wrote:
> However, I do have one problem. I have a button on the task bar "Update
> Information - KDE Daemon" If I click this I get a large black strip across
> the centre of my screen. That's it just a strip.

I got that, one its an issue with bad data in the update notifier:

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?58340-Yellow-light-bulb-icon-Bug-
light&p=295264&viewfull=1#post295264

To clear it:

sudo rm /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d/data-downloads-failed
sudo rm /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d/data-downloads-failed-permanently

--
Lindsay