-   -   Subversion and 12.04 LTS (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/661079-subversion-12-04-lts.html)

04-29-2012 11:38 PM

Subversion and 12.04 LTS

I was runing the beta of this (2) and upgraded.

Now I can't commit my svn - comes up saying connection refused.

Previously KWallet would popup > asking for password.

searched the web, > no answers

?anyone else noticed this ?how to fix.

Regards

richard

Leslie Anne Chatterton 04-29-2012 11:46 PM

Subversion and 12.04 LTS

Please pardon my ignorance but what is an "svn"?

Sent from my XOOM Android Tablet

Paul Lemmons 04-29-2012 11:52 PM

Subversion and 12.04 LTS

It is a tool programmers (generally) use that manages change in source
code. A programmer can make changes in their code and "check it into"
svn (short for subversion). Later they can see what the program looked
like at all stages of development. It also lets more than one
programmer at a time work together on a program.

That is a *very* simplistic view of what it is. There are whole books
on how to use it.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Leslie Anne Chatterton
<lahc2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please pardon my ignorance but what is an "svn"?
>
> Sent from my XOOM Android Tablet
>
> On Apr 29, 2012 7:39 PM, <rterry@pacific.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> I was runing the beta of this (2) and upgraded.
>>
>> Now I can't commit my svn - comes up saying connection refused.
>>
>> Previously KWallet would popup > asking for password.
>>
>> searched the web, > no answers
>>
>> ?anyone else noticed this ?how to fix.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> richard
>>
>> --

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both. --Benjamin Franklin

Leslie Anne Chatterton 04-30-2012 12:03 AM

Subversion and 12.04 LTS

Thank you.

Clay Weber 04-30-2012 12:20 AM

Subversion and 12.04 LTS

On Monday, April 30, 2012 09:38:34 AM rterry@pacific.net.au wrote:
> I was runing the beta of this (2) and upgraded.
>
> Now I can't commit my svn - comes up saying connection refused.
>
> Previously KWallet would popup > asking for password.
>
> searched the web, > no answers
>
> ?anyone else noticed this ?how to fix.
>
> Regards
>
> richard

Does it work from the command line?
If it does, you might need to poke around in your Wallet Manager (System
Settings >> Account Details>>KDE Wallet) and see if there are any entries
related to your svn account in there - probably in a sub folder under "maps".
You can try deleting any entries via the right-click menus, which may prompt
you for the password again.

Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Ryan Gauger 04-30-2012 01:27 AM

Subversion and 12.04 LTS

Thar's alright - I am also wondering what it is! Ignorance loves company...
In Christ,Ryan

Sent from my iPod
Please pardon my ignorance but what is an "svn"?

Sent from my XOOM Android Tablet

I was runing the beta of this (2) and upgraded.

Now I can't commit my svn - comes up saying connection refused.

Previously KWallet would popup > asking for password.

searched the web, > no answers

?anyone else noticed this ?how to fix.

Regards

richard

04-30-2012 01:35 AM

Subversion and 12.04 LTS

On Monday 30 April 2012 10:20:36 Clay Weber wrote:
> On Monday, April 30, 2012 09:38:34 AM rterry@pacific.net.au wrote:
> > I was runing the beta of this (2) and upgraded.
> >
> > Now I can't commit my svn - comes up saying connection refused.
> >
> > Previously KWallet would popup > asking for password.
> >
> > searched the web, > no answers
> >
> > ?anyone else noticed this ?how to fix.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > richard
>
> Does it work from the command line?
- no, installed kdesvn - which just is a front end > same message.
> If it does, you might need to poke around in your Wallet Manager (System
> Settings >> Account Details>>KDE Wallet) and see if there are any entries
> related to your svn account in there - probably in a sub folder under
> "maps". You can try deleting any entries via the right-click menus, which
> may prompt you for the password again.
Deleted the Kwallet entry for this, same result.

Mm............ annoying, may have to do an svn status and copy the files off to
another computer - download a fresh svn and paste and update that way.

Any other thoughts appreciated.

Regards

richard

Waleed Hamra 04-30-2012 03:46 AM

Subversion and 12.04 LTS

On Monday April 30 2012 09:38:34 rterry@pacific.net.au wrote:
> I was runing the beta of this (2) and upgraded.
>
> Now I can't commit my svn - comes up saying connection refused.
>
> Previously KWallet would popup > asking for password.
>
> searched the web, > no answers
>
> ?anyone else noticed this ?how to fix.
>
> Regards
>
> richard

connection refused? did you specify some custom port settings that might have
been overwritten in the upgrade? or some proxy setting?

--
Waleed K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

05-02-2012 04:44 AM

Subversion and 12.04 LTS

On Monday 30 April 2012 13:46:02 Waleed Hamra wrote:
> On Monday April 30 2012 09:38:34 rterry@pacific.net.au wrote:
> > I was runing the beta of this (2) and upgraded.
> >
> > Now I can't commit my svn - comes up saying connection refused.
> >
> > Previously KWallet would popup > asking for password.
> >
> > searched the web, > no answers
> >
> > ?anyone else noticed this ?how to fix.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > richard
>
> connection refused? did you specify some custom port settings that might
> have been overwritten in the upgrade? or some proxy setting?

Thanks everyone for the help.

I eventually got the svn checked on the server - for some reason my
name/password had been wiped and now I'm back in - so not a kde problem it
seems.

richard